Revised 22 February 2018
- What information we collect, who we collect it from and why we collect it;
- How we use that information;
- The circumstances in which we may disclose that information to others; and
- Your choices in relation to your information, including how you can access and correct that information.
1. Information PTI collects
We collect the following information about you:Information you give us:
- We collect personal information about you when you register for events, subscribe to our newsletters, mailing lists or promotions. We also collect personal information about you when you purchase our products and services and otherwise communicate with us. This personal information may include your name, contact details, email address, credit card details and other details necessary for us to provide the information or services you have requested.
- Information you authorise others to give us: When you inquire about or purchase products and services from us, we may ask for your consent to collect information about you from others (for example, to undertake credit checks, obtain references or to co-operate with your other service providers or suppliers). In these instances, we may collect information about you from the sources that you have authorised, such as credit rating agencies, service providers and referees.
- Information from your use of our website: We receive information when you interact with and use our website. We use server logs and different Web analytic tools to help us record this information
Our website may also contain links to third party websites. We have no control over the privacy policies of such third parties and we encourage you to review such policies prior to providing any information to or purchasing goods or services from such third parties.
2. How PTI uses information collected
We use the personal information collected by us for the following purposes:
- providing you with information, products or services that you have requested;
- verifying that existing information we hold about you is accurate and complete;
- maintaining and improving our services;
- undertaking credit checks, invoicing and authorising and processing credit card transactions;
- assisting us in performing our obligations or enforcing our rights under any agreement we may have entered into with you;
- communicating with you to inform you about our services, letting you know about upcoming changes, improvements or new products and services you may be interested in;
- to undertake any other promotional activities where you have consented to such promotional activities;
- providing you with effective customer service and otherwise helping to solve any issues or problems you may have with our services and
- for the purposes identified in any specific supplemental privacy notice posted on the page or area of our website where you provided that information.
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was originally collected (or to which you have subsequently consented), for other legitimate purposes (such as regulatory compliance) and as permitted or required by applicable laws.
3. Information PTI shares
Ensuring and respecting your privacy is important to us. We do not sell, trade, rent or otherwise share your personal information with third parties unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent: We may share personal information with third parties when we have your express consent to do so;
- With your employer: If your employer is our customer and your interactions with us or use of our services is in the course of your employment, your employer will have access to the information you have provided to us;
- With our contractors and service providers: We sometimes engage other trusted businesses and persons to provide services and perform functions on our behalf (for example installers and service providers). We may provide such persons with access to personal information needed to perform their functions, based on our instructions and in accordance with appropriate security and confidentiality measures.
- Jointly provided services: In some cases we may provide services jointly with other businesses. For such ‘co-branded’ offerings in which a third party is involved, we may share information with that third party.
- For legal purposes: We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect or enforce our rights, to protect against harm or the rights, property or safety of others or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us.
4. Your information choices
When you provide personal information, we may offer you a choice as to whether you would like to receive further communications from us such as communications related to updates, upgrades and special offers. You have the right to withdraw your consent to receive such communications at any time. If you decide you no longer want to receive marketing communications you may let us know by unsubscribing by following any unsubscribe link in our emails.
You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our website or services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. If you set your browser to reject all cookies however, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionalities of our website or our services.
5. Accessing and correcting Personal Information
You have a right to access, and ask us to correct or delete any inaccurate personal information we may hold about you. If you would like to review or correct your personal information, please contact us:
If you contact us we may, for your protection, ask you for additional information to verify your identity.