- Track your orders
- Save your details for express checkout
DV-Power SAT40A II Series Coil Analyser & Power Supply Unit
Circuit Breaker Power Supply and Coil Analyzer
The Coil Analyzer SAT40A II series is a powerful and lightweight (only 11 kg / 24.3 lbs) tool for testing circuit breakers where a substation battery is not available. It is a unique device in the market due to its dual purpose.
SAT40A II Series as a Power Supply for Coils and Spring-Charging Motors
SAT40A can be used as a DC and AC power supply unit for circuit breakers during commissioning and regular maintenance testing. The typical application covers scenarios when substation battery is not connected or available. An advantage over substation battery is enabled testing in under-voltage and over-voltage conditions. Furthermore, the stable voltage outputs enable an analysis of the coil and motor current graphs recorded with circuit breaker analyzers.
The outputs features are stated below:
- Four separate DC and AC coil outputs for power supply of opening and closing coils (10 V – 300 V DC or 10 V – 250 V AC; up to 15 A).
- Two separate DC and AC motor outputs capable to withstand a starting (inrush) currents up to 40 A (10 V – 300 V DC or 10 V – 250 V AC). With the use of these outputs, SAT can also be used as a power source or a temporary battery charger.
SAT40A II Series as Circuit Breaker’s Coils and Auxiliary Circuit Analyzer
International standards, such as IEC 62271-100 define recommended tests for circuit breakers condition assessment. Coil resistance, minimum trip voltage and mechanism charging time are the tests that are mandatory in order to assess the state of a circuit breaker´s auxiliary circuit. SAT40A is capable to perform the following type of measurements:
- Coils resistance measurement as per IEC 62271-100
- Coils current value measurement
- Minimum trip voltage test (IEC 62271-100, IEC 56, ANSI C37.09)
- Motor current and charging time (IEC 62271-100)
- Temperature measurement (ambient or coil temperature)
Unlike many similar devices on the market, SAT instruments have regulated output voltage with a very low ripple (<0,5%).
When used with the DV Power’s CAT devices, SAT and CAT create one test system, controllable with the DV-Win software.
SAT40A can be used with other vendor’s circuit breaker analyzers also.
Circuit Breaker Test Sets